Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lanterns, lanterns, everywhere!

So, way back on a cold winter night of 2008, I received e-mail after e-mail from Samantha Berry of Dreamgroup Productions to book a bunch of consultations. She had not worked with Halfyard Designs yet, so it was such an honor and testament of her belief in my work when she also booked a consultation for her own wedding for September 09'! 

So, when we started working on her vision for her Kirkland House wedding, she, of course, knew what she wanted. Being a wedding planner, you come across A LOT of ideas and it is so hard to say no to the ideas you really, really love! So, one day I get an e-mail from Sam with the words "Crazy?" in the subject line. I knew it had nothing with mental stability! It was a photo of a tent filled with about 50 paper lanterns! So, like a good decorator, I said "No, you're not crazy. I can do that! No problem!" Then I worry about it later! 

The outcome, was by far, one of the coolest, most beautiful things I have ever done! Thanks Sam, for pushing me that much further as a decorator! I wish you and Sean all the happiness in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment