Friday, February 1, 2013

Hawaiian Bliss!

Aloha! Over the holidays, I had the privilege of going to Hawaii with my family and in-laws. It was a very memorable trip! Whenever I go to Hawaii, I love to find a botanical garden and this trip was no different. We were driving along this gorgeous back road, not really caring if we find the garden or not. It was so lush, full of palm trees and gorgeous foliage. We stopped at this beautiful look out, watching the high-surf crash into the rocks below, not knowing we were looking into the valley that held the botanical garden.
Once in the garden, we were greeted with bougainvillea, a mini forest of heliconia (some hanging heliconia must have been close to 10 feet long!) and my favourite: Orchid Alley! Here I saw orchids of many varietals, embarrassingly, some unknown to me! But nonetheless, still gorgeous!

















No comments:

Post a Comment