Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sisterly love!

In the third week of September, I got a phone call from my sister who said she was getting married in our hometown of Terrace. I said, "That's great!" She said she was getting married at Thanksgiving! I said, "You liar!" She wasn't lying!

So, I had three weeks to come up with decor and flower ideas. Megan let me know that all she wanted was the colour turquoise. She has seen my work and worked with me before so she trusted me to do whatever I wanted! Ha! So fun! Right away, I thought of a wedding I did in May of 2008, that incorporated turquoise and peacock feathers, which I absolutely loved. So we settled on turquoise, purple, jade and chocolate brown. And it was emotionally beautiful! After the groom missed his flight due to Air Canada's Jazz's entire computer system going down, they were able to get him a flight to Smithers, where he was able to drive into Terrace. So, we started 2 and half hours late! But he got to Terrace and it all made for great stories!

Megan and Dallas, it really was an honor to be able to work with you on your wedding. We laughed, we cried, we almost lost it (almost!) but it turned out great and I wouldn't change a thing! Congratulations to my sister and new brother in law!





















No comments:

Post a Comment